Google+ Followers

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Starting out

I've seen a few blogs about working from home in Jamaica but none that have really taken me to where i wanted to be (not discrediting others). I hope to be the change for others like myself who seek to to have legitimate employment from home.
I am not an experienced blogger but just thought i would share my experiences and opinions re work from home opportunities that have been taking over.
I just recently started working from home for a US company of course,after having my daughter i decided that i really didn't want to have to leave her at such a young stage to go back to work and have all the added expenses that comes with that(daycare,transportation,lunch etc.), So i decided to get on my computer and do in depth research. I went through so many posts re the subject but came up empty handed. Until i started getting replies from from a few. They had me go through these really long application process even telephone interviews and then when your hopes are heightened you get that dreaded email. " After careful consideration, we've decided not to continue on with your candidacy for a position on this project. Your resume will still be available for other project managers to review, if desired.  We appreciate your interest, however, and wish you all the best in the future!"
I've even had a few tell me that there are no opportunities available in my area and the ones who claim they don't discriminate when you are filling out the application then tell you that due to your geographical location they are unable to offer  you the job, not withstanding you are more than qualified.
I spend quite a few hours sometimes just ciphering jobs online to see which are legitimate and also available to us in Jamaica. I will post these and update my blog with any new opportunities that comes along.
If anyone is going to post jobs in a comment or so please ensure that these are legitimate and are free because i do not believe in paying to work it should be the other way around.